Sunday, December 15, 2013



Oral History

Hello my name is Francisco Flores and I was somewhere about 20 years old

when I decided to come to the United States because my country was not offering

me much and the conditions were very poor where I had little money. I needed to

move to the U.S because I had to make something out of my life. My hopes were to

get a job, get a house, a car, and a family of my own. I needed to get my wife over to

the United States along with my very young son. I had lived in the United States ever

since Iwas sixteen because of my decision to have a better future and to help my

family get out of their poverty state. So my family and I decided to stay in the city of

Los Angeles and begin working so that I could send money to my family in mexico

and provide for my family here in the U.S. I was forced to leave my old life behind in

order to find something better here in the land of the free where everyone had a

voice and not much violence occurred.

Throughout the time that I lived here I obtained three different jobs that did

not pay very well but with the help of my wife we managed to get through the hard

times, which was settling and adapting the different environment.To me voting in

the government did not affect me much because I knew I could not do it since I was

an immigrant and not yet a citizen, however I did not come to take part in the voting

instead I came to triumph here by obtaining a job, getting a house, a car, and provide

for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment